Friday, June 18, 2010

Surprise date night!


I have 8 followers! Yay! Actually, I forgot to mention last night that my main purpose in doing this is to keep a 'journal' that I can keep for the kids. Our neighbor said his daughter-in-law does that and prints it out at the end of the year. Since I am terrible at keeping up with scrapbooking I figure it will be a lot easier to devote 10-20 minutes a few times a week to end up with a treasure for them!
So as I was getting ready this morning, this is what I found in our bedroom:
Lukey had climbed up on our trunk and 'reading' a book- so cute. Books are his favorite thing - sometimes we can't find him, and he's usually in someone's room reading.
I had a busy day today: dermatologist appt., hair appt, (Joey had the day off) and came home to find my in-laws van in the garage and a note on the door saying I was being kidnapped for the night- by Joey! My sneaky hubby had been planning for weeks for his folks to take the kids for the night (they live ~45 min. away), and we have a date night/morning! I was shocked! I also asked a million questions about if he had packed everything I would have packed :) For those of you who know me very well, I hardly EVER leave my kids, esp. overnight, and when I have I am a meticulous planner. But he did great. And we went into Tally for our date (when we pay a sitter we don't leave town, we go to dinner and since our tiny town has nothing to do we end up at Wal-mart).
We went to some of my faves: TJMaxx, Kohl's, mall- but being that I recently read the book Radical (David Platt), I was not in the mood to shop- well look, but not buy! Great timing. I bring this up because I HIGHLY recommend this book! Life changing!
Well, I better go spend time with the hubs- he's watching Antiques Road Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment