Thursday, June 17, 2010

My 1st post!

Sooooo, here it is my 1st post, and I have no clue what I'm doing! Joey and I for the last hour or so played around with blog addresses, titles, blog colors, etc. Shew! So many decisions!
The name Tending My Garden comes from an awesome book I read, "Tending Your Garden" by Denise Sproul. She says: "The home is the center of our garden as Christian women. As old-fashioned as it may sound, it's acutally a biblical idea: a woman's realm is her husband, her children and her home." It also ties in with a verse I picked for our kids that I have framed in each of their rooms- I need to figure out how to get it under my title- Ephesians 3:17. "Then Christ will make His home in your hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong." (NLT) One of my prayers for them :)
My blog will be about our day to day life: my 3 sweet kiddos, my precious hubby, our journey of adoption to our fourth sweet one, homeschooling, what the Lord is teaching me, etc. I'm a little concerned about sharing my thoughts for the world to see (well, no one right now, I have no followers) (I'm kinda talking to myself at the moment). But I tend to get passionate and throw things out there- so if you don't like my blog, ahem, you may just wanna look elsewhere.....
So there it is, my 1st post! I did it! Maybe tomorrow night we'll figure out how to add pictures!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I love blogging! I have been blogging for about 4 years now and I use it as a family journal. Also to keep in touch with my far away friends and family in a way that Facebook never will. :) Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete