Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What we do when it’s too hot!

Time to update on our end of July happenings! It’s been too stinking hot and gnatty (south Georgia vocab word) to play outside much, so we’ve been taking advantage and getting some school done. Now when the weather cools off, we can spend more time outside, and do a little less school on those days! Josh is my big boy 2nd grader now, and Mallory is officially a kindergartener! We’ve been studying the life of Jesus, ancient Egypt, and finished up swimming creatures of the 5th day, and began flying creatures of the 5th day. Also, throw a little latin, math, grammar and phonics. Lukey does some number pages sometimes, and has learned to spell his name! Yes, Sorenson Christian Academy starts at age 2! Actually, I don’t MAKE him do it- I give him a choice to color a sheet- sometimes he wants to, sometimes he doesn’t. Can I just tell you I absolutely LOVE being the one to teach my kids new things! I LOVE seeing them learn. I cannot even begin to imagine letting someone else have the privilege of teaching them!!!!!!! I am so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. I recently read about your situation with your adoption paperwork on the YG.

    I know that two years ago several families went through a VERY similar situation. One family is the Semlows, and their blog is semlowadoption.blogspot.com. There is some very good encouragement about the situation in their posts from December 2008 to May 2009.

    We are praying for you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete